Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
Posted April 25, 2012on:
I love s’mores and this recipe sure delivers! Especially with the addition of peanut butter. It’s like a s’more on steroids! The graham cracker crust has great texture and isn’t too crunchy. The chocolate bars, marshmallow cream and peanut butter work so well together. If you’re craving a s’more this is a perfect way to feed that craving. I know this will be one of your ‘new’ favorite desserts!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
5 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, (I bought a six pack and had one left over)
1 jar marshmallow cream, 7 ounces
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Press the chocolate bars on top of the dough. They should make an even layer in an 8×8 pan. Melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it over the chocolate bars.
- Spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate and peanut butter. You gotta have patience when doing this because the marshmallow cream does not want to spread easily. Just take your time.
- Roll the remaining 1/3 dough onto parchment paper or some other nonstick surface. When you’ve made an even square, gently peel it off and press it on top of the marshmallow cream. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool for best serving results.